Wednesday, August 5, 2015 0

welcome to the reality!

By Venty Indah Utami

Being inspired by one of the articles in Hipwee, I write this post. Not having any other intentions, just wanna share what is inside of my mind.



Here is the article, but unfortunately it is in Bahasa so if you use another language please kindly translate it using Google Translate or whatever methods you consider useful.



The moment I read this article, I was just like, "Damn, it's freaking right. It is so me." Typically the moment when you are getting hit in your head and suddenly your consciousness is awoken.




Graduation is not the ending, but it is the start instead. The start of something bigger than any books you read, and any tests you took when you are a student.
The moment you graduate, you celebrate. But the celebration is only for a moment.
And after that, reality hits you hard.


One by one, your friends get a job. And what you do?
You start taking a look at yourself, and asking, "What makes me better than another person?"
You start questioning yourself. Am I better than him? Am I better than her? How could I convince this company to hire me? What would make them interested in me?
You start regretting every single thing you think you should do earlier.
"Ah, I should study harder. Ah, I should listen to my parents when they told me to learn English. Ah, I shouldn't be so playful."



When you were a student, you have a high expectation.
"Yes, I would be a CEO. Yes, I would be a President."
But again, the reality hits you freaking hard.
It is not THAT easy to be on top. You shall be climbing step by step, conquer all the barriers, set aside your holidays, having a limited time with your family and friends; you should give your very sacrifice in it.



And after you got a job, is it the ending?

No. Haha. Basically there is no ending of everything. An ending is a start of something new. Classic and cheesy, but yes it's true.
Perhaps, you will be starting to have a problem in your relationship.
Your twenty-something makes you don't want to complicate yourself. It's like, I already have a lot of thoughts in my mind and a lot of jobs to do, so I don't want to add some more problems to my life.
You are getting annoyed with childish relationship and childish partner.


He's cheating on me? Bye.He's flirting with the other chicks? Bye.He's a typical-so-insecure-guy-it-makes-me-can't-breath? Bye.


Yes, you will cry.
It's normal to have a broken heart after a bad breakup.
But you start to see things with an open wide eye, so you know reality sucks.
And bad breakup isn't the only thing you should be scared of.



And after all those times, you still have a long night, being in a deep deep thought.
"What exactly that I wanna be? What is exactly the God's plan for me?"




For those who is going to graduate or being in the same shoes with me,
Welcome to the club, baby.
Don't worry, you are not alone.
At the end, we have no choice at all, except face the reality and do our best. Just have our fingers crossed to hope that eventually it will bring out the best of us. Cheers!

Leave a Reply

Powered by Blogger.