Sunday, July 10, 2016 0

(almost) quarter life crisis

By Venty Indah Utami

Tonite, I am gonna write a serious post. Perhaps this post would just be a revelation for those who thought the same too.



I am just having a quarter life crisis.

Well, practically I am not twenty-five yet, but because lots of my friends already got there, it makes me think like one.


In these ages, when you are 20-s, you will be in the middle of a new crisis. Because all you face is a new problem. The problem is not simply what you would have for lunch. Not as simple as what would you do after school hours. Not a curfew. Not a homework.


But your future.






At this age, I have come to the time when I think about the future.
One by one, my friends got their job. And they look pretty comfortable with it. They develop themselves with their career, got promoted, having a brand new life.
On the other hand, one by one, my friends are getting married.
They are getting proposed. Getting engaged. Getting married. Delivering baby girl or boy.

But I am just stuck here in the middle.


I am pretty sure that there are many of you who are in the same shoes with me. Wondering about where the life would lead ourselves. Getting jealous with other's new stages of life and starting to worry about when it would be our chance to start a fresh.

Well, high five there.


Getting a job is very crucial for everyone. Not only because you are obliged to earn money for life, but job is something that you shall be proud of.
And that is a problem.
Because getting a job is easier than getting a job that you are really like.
And that is a problem I have seen on some of my friends these days --when they are stuck with the job that they think won't make them develop themselves.

Well, it starts to make me worry as well.
"How if I am trapped with the job I wouldn't like?"


In Indonesia --my country, it is a tradition for women to get married before 30s (even 30 would be considered very late for them, although I could say I am definitely not agree with that).
And therefore, 20s would be very suitable for them to tie the knot.
That elaborates why my friends are getting married one by one.
I would be lying if I say it does not make me wonder too, because I do wonder.


But,
I think I have got no advice other than 'just hang in there'.
And 'do your best'.
It would be very normal to worry, because me too, having a gruesome about what would I do after this. And what would I do after that. And what would I do eventually.
Having a fear means that it is important for you. Because it really is, aight?
Having a doubt means you are being careful with it.
And I think it is good.


Other way,
I think we do not have to worry about when would we be getting married.
Let's not being trapped with the tradition.
Let's not being jealous with your friends' marriage.

Let's get married when you are ready, not because everyone's ready.
Not because everybody is telling you to.



This midlife crisis is crazy. But let's be positive.
Everything is okay.
Everything is okay.
Everything is okay.
Just do your best, and let God do the rest.




Leave a Reply

Powered by Blogger.