Friday, May 11, 2018 1

the engagement and wedding preparation (April 29th, 2018)

By Venty Indah Utami

Hello, world!

It has been a long time since the last time I wrote in this blog. Pretty long, actually. There are lot of good things occurred to me lately, but the most highlighted one is I just got engaged! Haha. Honestly I couldn't even think of myself getting this serious with a person, yet God knows best and He brings us this way.




Speaking of preparation, we've been prepared for the big event since January, from the time he proposed to me and my parents approved of us getting married. But, the preparation has been very hectic since there are other two big things happened to me at the same time --me getting accepted as a civil servant and my family just opened a restaurant (my mother's long lost wish, but this is the story for another time). Therefore, I have to move to Jakarta and at the same time, from afar I have to manage two things; the restaurant and the big day (including the D-day as well). Those time are exhausting, but thanks to the support from my mom especially, I could pass through all that.

The note for other brides-to-be, getting a Wedding Organizer is really helpful! Not only because I am a truly newbie at this wedding preparation thingy and getting a guidance would always, always be helpful; but also if you get a Wedding Organizer, you could get many vendors at your wedding with special prices. And it could reduce the overall cost up to 30-40%! Especially with all of the things happening in my life all at once, having a Wedding Organizer to help you think may be really soothing. That is why, in January, I immediately contact a Wedding Organizer (which is Kak jaka from Vinca, who helps BIG TIME in my event).














April 29th, 2018 is the day we choose to get engaged, located in my own restaurant, Bale Resto Jakabaring. I couldn't say more on my feeling that day. Such a mixed feeling, and even I got cold feet as well. But I keep reminding myself that I am in the best track, and I have a good intention and therefore God will always help and bless me. Honestly, I expect a cheerful and fun atmosphere for my engagement, but I guess my wish is too much :"D Oppositely, the atmosphere was really touching. I saw both of our parents were crying since they are really touched (both of us are the first born from our family and therefore it is such a touching experience for both of our parents), yet in the other hand, my fiance and I were clueless :"))) Both of us kept smiling and all at once I felt a feeling as if we met for the first time again. Once again, it was such a mixed feeling, but overall all I felt is, happiness :)


My heart still aches whenever I see this photo :")

I can't thank enough for all the vendors and parties who helped us a lot through the journey to engagement, to all of the beloved friends who sincerely pray for our happiness, and I could just wish that we are ready for the more bumpy road to the big D-day! Our journey is still long but I believe that as long as our intention is good, the result would be good.
Wish us luck!








One Response to “the engagement and wedding preparation (April 29th, 2018)”

Leave a Reply

Powered by Blogger.